A Heartwarming Tale of When the Worlds of a Neurotic Canine and a Crazy Cat Lady Collide! Kindle download available at Amazon.com.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

BOOK #2

"When will there be a second book?"
"How is Mindy doing now?"
"Hurry up and write book number two!"

This is some of the feedback I have heard since publishing my first book in March 2012. I have had the pleasure of meeting so many nice people who have contacted me on my Facebook page after reading it.

To answer the first question, I have been gathering my thoughts for another book, and I even have a working title (which I will not disclose as of yet!).  But I should add that in light of the past year's events with the pit bull attacks on Mindy, a second book won't be as lighthearted as the first book. Some serious stuff has happened and it still affects me and her to this day. But writing is therapeutic for me so I think it will be good to write out my feelings.

As far as Mindy is concerned, she is doing great in her own neurotic way!  Walking is still a challenge, but I don't know if that will ever change!  She seems to be slowing down a bit. Sometimes I forget that she is probably over 8 years old now. We have had her for almost 6 years and she was estimated to be 2 years-old when we rescued her.  It's hard to believe as the time has gone by so fast!

I am hurrying!!!  I am having foot surgery at the beginning of December so maybe that's when I can get started with book #2!

Until next time...
Dawn

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawn!

    My name is Tammy. I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. I just wasn't sure how else to reach you. I sincerely apologize if this comes across as spam, that is not the intent. With Christmas just around the corner, I thought you might be interested in our latest infographic "Are You A Doggie for Christmas Kind of Mom?". You can view it at Flickr.com: http://www.flickr.com/photos/106131018@N08/11241972855/ (Preview) . FYI (in case you're not familiar) Flickr.com is owned by Yahoo!. It's a very safe site and won't hurt your computer. To download the infographic right click on it and Flickr will show you some options.

    If you like this infographic and want to share it with your readers, please feel free to do so. The only thing that we ask in return is that you link back to TheUncommonDog dot com in some way from your post.

    As a way of showing our appreciation to those who choose to share the infographic, I'd be happy to spread the word about the blog post by linking to it from our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages. Just let me know that you posted it and send me the link.

    If you'd like to be removed from our contact list, please let me know.

    Happy Holidays!
    Tammy Sexton
    Marketing Coordinator
    Tammy at TheUncommonDog dot com

    ReplyDelete